What personal information do we collect from the people that use our app?
If you are a business customer, we do not collect any personally identifiable information from you except your username, as defined by your administrator. When registering as a private customer (consumer), we ask for your cell phone number, which we use to contact you in case you ask us to reset your password. We also collect non-personal information about your actions (such as opening or locking doors using our mobile applications) for troubleshooting and auditing purposes.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register as a private customer (consumer) within the app.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, open/lock a door, or use certain other app features in the following ways:
• To improve our app in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
How do we protect your information?
• We use vulnerability scanning of our servers.
• We do not scan to PCI standards because our application does not handle payments and we never ask for credit card numbers.
Your personal information (if any) is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services through our application. These third-party services have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked services. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these services.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
12202 Garvey Avenue
El Monte, CA 91732